The executive cabinet of National Youth Council of Nigeria, Imota Local Council Development Area Local Branch led by Comrade Folarin Adegboyega Awal today dated Thursday 18th of March, 2021 unveil the report of her administrative activities as we celebrate 300 days in office.
The 300 days in office of the present administration of the Youth Council in Imota LCDA had brought another opportunity for the executive cabinet to expose to the general public all the programmes, projects and other activities that we have embarked upon since the beginning of the journey tagged “re-birth of a new dawn” on 4th of June 2020.
This event had also allowed the executive cabinet of NYCN Imota LCDA Local Branch to reinstate the principle of accountability, transparency and open governance which serve as the hallmark of our administration and further proved her capacity of setting pace for other youth organisations in Lagos State at large.
For the avoidance of doubt, the following are administrative activities, programmes and projects that the executive cabinet of the Youth Council had undertaken in the last 300 days in office as part of our achievements and ongoing projects;
- We marked our 200 days in office on 9th of December 2020 via different social media platforms towards ensuring good governance, accountability and transparency in our administration.
- Collaboration with Hope Emerge Foundation in the distribution of food items to the aged, widow and less privileged people in Imota LCDA for the celebration of Christmas and New Year season on December 12th 2020.
- On 21st of January 2021, we produced an audio-visual jingle for public enlightenment towards eradicating crimes and shunning cultism in Imota LCDA via different social media platforms.
- Kick-off campaign against cultism and re-orientation programme tagged: “Catch Them And Say No To Cultism” for all the public primary schools in Imota LCDA.
- Organized courtesy visitation to different security officers and personalities towards solving crimes and violence in Imota LCDA.
- We have played a dominant role in organizing the Ikorodu Division Youth and Leadership Retreat of NYCN Forum of Coordinators in Ikorodu Division held on 5th – 7th of March 2021 at Jubilee Chalet, Epe, Lagos.
- We rendered official assistance to youths from Imota LCDA who are seeking for job/employment opportunity during internal recruitment in Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH).
- Assisted youths from Imota LCDA that applied for Lagos TESCOM jobs.
- Nominated youths from Imota LCDA for MSME, CAC Business Formalisation and Guarantee off-take scheme programme organized by Senator Tokunbo Abiru.
- Nominated youths from Imota LCDA for 2 weeks Youths Agricultural Training Program organized by Hon Babajimi Benson in conjuction with NAFRC from March 16th – 29th 2020 at Armed Forces Resettlement Center, Oshodi, Lagos.
- The NYCN Imota LCDA Local Branch attended the Youth Colloquial Series 1.0 organized by Ajegunle Progressive Youth Assembly, Imota on December 25th 2020.
- Paid a condolence visit to Comrade Adams Oluwatomisin, Organizing Secretary of NYCN Imota LCDA Local Branch after she lost her mother on 13th of December 2020.
- Paid a condolence visit to Comrade Salaudeen Adewale Ayuba, Financial Secretary of NYCN Imota LCDA Local Branch after the burial of his uncle’s wife, Late Mrs. Gbemisola Salaudeen on 4th of January 2021.
- Attended Youth dialogue on the issue of insecurity in Ikorodu tagged: “Ikorodu Youth For Peace” organized by NYCN Ikorodu Local Government Branch on January 23rd 2021.
- Attended Ikorodu Division Security Stakeholders Summit held on 27th of January 2021 at Ikorodu Townhall, Ikorodu.
- Attended Clean Lagos Project organized by NYCN Lagos State Chapter held on January 30th 2021 at Ifelodun Community, Yaba Market, Lagos.
- Attended NYCN Lagos State 2021 1st Quarter Management Meeting held on January 30th 2021 at Akinwunmi Youth Centre Hall, Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos.
- Joined other coordinators in the NYCN Forum of Coordinators in Ikorodu Division during the courtesy visitation to different stakeholders, political leaders and tradition rulers in Ikorodu Division.
- Ensure continuity of the celebration of our members and different personalities from Imota LCDA on their birthdays.
- Sending of goodwill messages to the people of Imota LCDA during festive periods.
It is necessary to note that since the inception of our administration till today which marked our 300 days in office, the executive cabinet had dim it fit to continue to be committed and organizing programmes, projects and engaging in activities that are geared towards promoting growth and development of youths across Imota LCDA.
We want to use this medium to assure the entirety of youths in Imota LCDA of our continued interest and passion towards the development of the youth constituency and moving Imota LCDA forward.
We, the executive cabinet of NYCN Imota LCDA Local Branch congratulate ourselves and appreciate all and sundry for the love and support as we continue to work towards achieving our set goals in the “We Mantra”- an action plan and developmental agenda for youths in Imota LCDA.
We will continue to uphold an all-inclusive, transparent and accountable administration. We are open and committed to listening to ideas, suggestions and observations that can help the present administration of the Youth Council to do all these things that we have drawn plans for infeasible and workable ways as we move forward on the journey to greatness.