The former governor of Lagos State Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is one of the few gifted political strategists that ever lived on Nigerian soil. He has fought many political wars, and won. His continuing relevance in the Nigerian political landscape cannot be denied by his stalwarts and opponents alike.
Politicians from far and near pay him courtesy visit. As a political actor of repute, he has received accolades and applause within and outside the shore of Nigeria in addition to the numerous political feat he has garnered over the last three decades.
The man is called akan da eniyan meaning the special one because of his gifted qualities which are;
- He is a bridge-builder: He ensures that he mends fences with all identified as potential threats both within and outside his camp. His kind of politics made him stand tall among his contemporaries in Nigeria.
- He is a goal-getter. He is willing to do everything humanly possible to achieve his goal. Including sacrificing his ambition to present widely acceptable candidates at the 2015 general election that threw up President Muhammad Buhari and Prof.Yemi Osinbajo respectively.
- He listens to the voice of the masses. He is a very good listener, he listens to the voice of the masses, in the built-up to the 2015 general election, the political leaders withdrew their support for the then-governor Akinwunmi Ambode and all efforts by the Tinubu camp to appeal to the aggrieved parties were all to no avail. As a man who understands the feelings of the people, he quickly aligned with the people which usher in the new governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
- He is a Fearless leader. He is very brave and confident, despite all the intimidation by the former president Olusegun Obasanjo to join him in PDP which would have turned Nigeria into a one-party state. He insisted and remain in the opposition. The rest is history.
- Ability to train other leaders. The hallmark of a leader is the ability to identify, nurture and train future leaders. He has nurtured many renowned political office holders at the National, state and local governments.
Hon. Babayemisi as a young aspiring leader, has learnt that it is important to listen to the views and opinions of followers no matter how stupid it sounds because without the followers there can’t be a leader.
Hon. Babayemisi has promised to adopt the system approach to governance where the input from the environment shall form the basis of his policy direction.