“If it had not been the Lord who was on our side,” Let Israel now say, “If it had not been the Lord who was on our side When men rose up against us, Then they would have [quickly] swallowed us alive, When their wrath was kindled against us; Then the waters would have engulfed us, The torrent would have swept over our soul; Blessed be the Lord , Who has not given us as prey to be torn by their teeth. We have escaped like a bird from the snare of the fowlers; The trap is broken and we have escaped. Our help is in the name of the Lord , Who made heaven and earth.
1 Tim 4:8 Every other force concludes operations here on earth but only Godliness operates here on earth and in eternity.
Rom 12:2, Eph 1:18, 2 cor 3:18
Every exposure to illumination is an encounter that brings transformation.
GOD’S transformation agenda for our lives is targeted at making us become more like God in all things. 1 pet 1:15-16
1 John 5:3 God will never tell us to do what we’ve not to be engraved to do by Him.
The Cost of Ungodliness!
- It blocks access to healing and health: Mk 2:5-8 Sin has the capacity to stand between you and the miracle you desire. It hinders the healing power of God from flowing into us. We must be conscious about our personal Sanctification. James 5:14-16,.2 cor 7:1 Healing is a precious promise from God to us but we must sanctify ourselves to access it.
- It blocks our access to durable riches: Ps 112:1-3, The fear of the Lord is a key to enduring wealth. Isa 51:1-3 Compromising your stand to pursue substances you are on your way to destruction.
- It blocks access to help in times of trouble: Isa 59:1-2 Sin separates man from God. Isa 38:1-5 Your ability to secure divine help is at the mercy of your Sanctification. Ex 19:9-10, Ps.33:18-19, 38:19-19 To secure intervention in this troubled world we need to be sanctified. An unrighteous man will always have his faith affected. Acts 19:14-16 is a classic example of this point. Righteousness is a personal walk with God and not a corporate identity. It is not about how loud you cry, but how clean you live. It takes righteousness to gain volume with God. You can cry all you want be your sin can hinder your voice from being heard.
isa 59:1, Before you cry for help, clean up.
God cannot stand double dealings.
Never get use to a toxic environment that has the capacity to plunge you into sin.
When sinner feels comfortable with you, then watch your steps.
Until you’ve succeeded in pleasing God you’ve not started living.
Repent and turn your life around for God.
Turn from what displeases God and do what pleases Him. Sincere repentance is turning from evil to good. A little compromise is sufficient to crash a great destiny.
Demands to live a Godly life:
- Abstain from all appearances of evil:
1 Thes 5:22 Whatever displease God should be abstained from. Every sin starts with a thought. Mk 7:20-23 To escape the defilement, attack the thought because it is thought that graduates to action.
If you allow the thought of evil to dwell in our hearts, it culminates in corruption.
If you want to win the war against sin, then start by dealing with the thought.
Satan may introduce thoughts, but it is the man that decides to accommodate it or not.
- Flee from sin: Run when you see sin coming at you. 1 cor 6:18-19 some matters must not be discussed, you must run away from them.
- Resist the devil: Attack the devil.
1 pet 5:8-9 There may be a cost to righteousness but the reward is far greater than the cost. 1 Tim 6:12
Covenant Family Day
By redemption, our lineage has changed. Eph 2:19 Whatever is not in God is not permitted in us. Gal 3:13-14
God is not only committed to saving you, He’s also committed to saving your household.
GOD’S intention is to see our family set free and bring us under the blessings that comes with salvation.