Ikorodu Division Peace Initiative is prioritising to upgrade the intellectual prospects across the waterbed region of Lagos State.
So true, as the enterprise unveils an education scheme established to modify the lives of about 264 young bright scholars across the division.
Requirements and Instruction for Applicants.
Please read this information carefully before proceeding to fill the form.
1. Applicant must be a full-time student in any of the public tertiary Institutions in Nigeria.
2. Must be from 200 Level (2nd year) and above with a verifiable CGPA
3. Must provide proof of Indigeneship (Letter of identification from a recognized Oba and Local Government/LCDA). Residents he/she must submit Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASSRA) card as proof.
4. Must attach the copy of his/her Academic profile duly signed by the University Registrar or the HOD of his/her Department.
5. Applicants cannot apply for scholarship and bursary at the same time. Both attract separate applications. Anyone found to have been involved in double registration stands disqualified.
6. There are three types of educational support that the students can apply for under this initiative.
(1) Scholarship Scheme,
(2) Bursary 1
(3) Bursary 2.
7. Application for the “Scholarship scheme” is based on Excellent Academic performance and it is open to indigenes and residents. Students applying for this scheme must be of good academic standing, not less than a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.5 or First Class for Universities and Distinction for Polytechnics, Monotechnics and College of education respectively. This award is tenured and will be enjoyed annually by the student until the completion of his/her programme. The value of this award is Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000:00). While a background check on documents submitted by applicants shall be conducted, and an Aptitude test and Oral interview will also be employed to further confirm the suitability of applicants for the award.
8. Application for the “Bursary 1” is based on Academic performance and it is open to Indigenes and Residents. Students applying for this scheme must be of good academic standing, not less than a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or Second class Upper Division for Universities and Upper Credit for Polytechnics, Monotechnics and College of Educations respectively. This award is not tenured, it can only be enjoyed one-off. A background check on documents submitted by applicants shall be conducted.
9. Application for the “Bursary 2” is exclusively for indigent indigenes who are having financial difficulty in pushing through their education. Although no academic grade is required for this application, an applicant should possess no less than a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.50 or lower credit.
This award is not tenured, it can only be enjoyed once off. Only indigenes should apply for this category of the bursary. A background check on the applicants shall be conducted.
You must log in to post a comment.