The Chairman yesterday 29th of May, 2020 summoned all stakeholders most especially revenue item collectors who are believed to be the major cause of the unrest along that axis.
At the meeting, the Chairman made it very clear that he would no longer condone any form of misdemeanor at Odogunyan.
The following resolutions were reached at the meeting
- I. That one Mr Igunyemi Bena collecting rates such as Community Development levy at Odogunyan and another at Odonla is hereby suspended.
- 2. That Mr Ademola Adeshola who claims to be working illegally for the Federal Ministry of Environment should vacate that premises with immediate effect.
- 3. That Mr Kamoru Adisa who claims to be collecting rates on behalf of the Lagos State Ministry of Transportation should with immediate effect stop the collection of such illegal rate in that area.
- 4. Every other revenue items along that axis should henceforth not be more than N500 as against the forceful payment of between N2,000 and N5,000 on trailers and trucks.
- 5. That all abandoned kiosk, containers and all sorts of illegal structures at the Odogunyan junction, Spintex road and Odonla road serving as hideouts for criminals be immediately removed.
- 6. All revenue officers MUST be well dressed with their ID cards and aprons that bears the name of their companies.
- 7. A five man task force committee has been set up to ensure strict compliance of the resolutions.
- 8. Associations such as Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN), National Association of Waste Dealers Employers of Nigeria (NASWDEN), United Iron rod and steel drivers association of Nigeria, Lagos and Allied Trucks Transporters Association of Nigeria should comply with this directives or else leave the premises of Ikorodu North.
Every group and associations in attendance agreed to the above resolutions reached and that all agreements are binding by law and therefore anyone caught on the other side of these resolutions would face the full weight of the law.
This is an effort by the ‘Deola Banjo led administration to forestall the breakdown of law and order in the very sensitive Odogunyan area of Ikorodu North. “We can no longer tolerate risking the lives of our people in that axis”, he said.