1) The use of Salicylates like aspirin, sulfasalazine, salsalate by pregnant women should be avoided. This is because infants born to women who ingest salicylates for long periods may have significantly reduced birth weights.
2) When salicylates are administered during the third trimester, there is also an increased perinatal mortality, anemia, antepartum and postpartum hemorrhage, prolonged gestation and complicated deliveries.
3) Taking “Nitroglycerin” which is a drug used to prevent chest pain(angina) in people with a certain heart condition and “Sildenafil” which is used in treating pulmonary arterial hypertension and also erectile dysfunction can kill you.
This is because they result in extremely lowered blood pressure and increased blood flow which can lead to cardiovascular collapse.
4) Salicylic acid is so irritating that it can only be used externally.
5) Systemic poisoning can occur from the application of salicylic acid to large areas of the skin.
6) When certain drugs are exposed to air and/or moisture they undergo chemical and photochemical degradation.
-Aspirin tablets turns pink.
-Vitamin C tablets turn yellowish brown.
-Adrenaline turns turns red on exposure to air.
Once you notice a colour change in the drugs you want to take or buy, don’t buy or take it for your own safety.
7) If possible aspirin therapy should be stopped a week before surgery.
8) Indomethacin is about 20times more potent than aspirin but a high rate of intolerance amongst patients has so limited it use.
9) Eye drops can be used for one month after opening the droppers.
10) Water is a drug on it own. Take enough of it.