BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO: UNTIL GOD’S WORD BEGINS TO MOVE US, NOTHING MOVES HIM TOWARDS US ~ INN Nigeria
Understanding The Cost and Cure Of Ungodliness.
It is not just who we are but what we do to prove who we are in Christ.1 Jn. 3:7
Until God’s Word begins to move us, nothing moves Him towards us. Only a serious approach guarantees a glorious result.
We can’t take God for granted and He will still retain us. We cannot treat God with levity and expect Him to treat us with dignity. 1 Sam. 2:30.
The Cost Of Ungodliness
1. It blocks access to answered prayers. Is. 59:1-3; There are no unforgivable sins with God.
We cant receive without a commitment to doing those things that please God.1Jn.3:22.
2. It blocks access to revelation knowledge. Ps. 25:14 Everyone that truly fears God gains access to revelation. Prov. 1:23.
3. It brings unrest. Is. 48:22 Godliness guarantees quietness and assurance forever.Ex.14:14 When God intervenes, you become a spectator in your own battle.
4. It blocks access to divine wisdom. Prov. 9:10 There are no problems in life without a wisdom solution. Wisdom is all about know-how. Gen. 1:2; Prov. 3:19.
How To Live A Godly Life
1. Have a purpose of heart to live a godly life. Mk. 7:20 – 23; Dan. 1:8 You can’t think godliness in your heart and be ungodly outside.
2. You must watch and pray to resist ungodliness. Matt. 17:21 It’s a lifetime responsibility.
3. We must engage the power of the Word. Ps.119:9-11 God’s Word keeps us from ungodliness because we access God’s nature from His Word. Eph. 5:26 God’s Word cleanses us. Jn.15:3.
Doing what God instructs, entitles you for a turnaround. Ex.12:40 As you turn your heart after God today, in a new way, your turnaround shall be established. 2Chro.15:7-15.
Doing what God says makes results. Jn. 9:1-8; 21:5-6 We don’t wait for a turnaround, we trigger a turnaround by doing as God instructs.
You can’t put God first and be last in your world. You cant keep loving God and the interest of His kingdom, and not emerge a wonder.
You must log in to post a comment.