As a result of the Lagos mini-marathon tagged “LAGOS WOMEN RUN” which comes up on Saturday, 21st Nov 2020, from 0600hrs, the following routes will be temporarily closed to traffic:
1. Marina bridge inwards Apongbon
2. Onikan inwards J.K Randle Avenue (TBS)
3. Muson Centre/Flag House inwards TBS
4. Campell Street, TBS Avenue inwards Water Board/NITEL/Marina Bridge
5. Inner Marina road inwards NITEL/ State House,
6. Ebute Ero ramp inward Eko Bridge
7. Ijora Olopa/ LAWMA HQ inwards Ijora Oloye/ Marine Bridge
8. Eko Bridge descending to Costain
9. Apapa Road inwards Costain Roundabout
10. Descending from Alaka Bridge to Alaka inward Stadium/ Surulere on the service lane
11. Surulere/ Shitta/Akerele inwards Stadium
12. Iganmu Bridge inwards Breweries/Costain
13. Abebe Village/Nigerian Breweries inwards Costain
Consequent upon the above, the followings are the alternative routes for motorists:
1. Motorists from Victoria Island and Ikoyi are advised to make use of Carter bridge(Idumota Bridge) to Iddo – Oyingbo – Herbert Macaulay – Adekunle to connect to Third Mainland bridge.
2. From Ebute Ero to Eko Bridge: take Adeniji-Adele Interchange to Carter Bridge (Idumota Bridge) to Iddo-Oyingbo-Herbert Macaulay Way to Adekunle to Third Mainland Bridge or Herbert Macaulay Way to Jibowu and connect destination.
3. Motorists from Orile-Iganmu Bridge to Lagos should make use of Iganmu-Sifax to Ijora to Ijora Olopa to Carter Bridge and connect destination.
4. Motorists from Adeniran Ogunsanya, Bode Thomas to Stadium inwards Barracks/Ojuelegba are to use Akerele road to Randle road to Lawanson Road to Ojuelegba to connect destination while Lagos Island bound vehicles from Surulere are free from restriction.
Motorists are advised to plan their journey as restrictions will take few hours. Any inconvenience is regretted.
MARATHON ROUTE : TBS >> NITEL/STATE HOUSE >> MARINA BRIDGE >> APONGBON >> EKO BRIDGE >> IJORA OLOPA >> NATIONAL THEATRE GATE 2 >> GATE1 >> COSTAIN ROUNDABOUT >> FUNSHO WILLIAMS AV(IPONRI) >> ALAKA >> STADIUM UNDERBRIDGE >> TESLIM BALOGUN STADIUM.