LAGOS CP HOLDS TOWN HALL MEETING IN IKORODU, ASSURES RESIDENTS OF ADEQUATE SECURITY ~ INN Nigeria
The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, CP Hakeem Odumosu, on Wednesday 27th January, 2021 met with the stakeholders in Ikorodu Division of the State to x-ray and cross-fertilise ideas on having better security system in the axis.
The 2021 Ikorodu Town Hall Meeting, which was called at the instance of the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, after due consultation with the Ayangburen of Ikorodu, Oba Adewale Shotobi, and the Local Government Chairmen in the division, deliberated on the security situation in the area and possible solutions.
The meeting was attended by the Ayangburen of Ikorodu, Oba Adewale Shotobi and other traditional rulers in the division, sister security agencies, market women, transport unions, youths Council, religious bodies, ethics groups, locally-based security outfits, social clubs and associations and a host of others.
The police boss emphasised on the need for all and sundry in the division to shun crimes and do away with all actions and inactions that can constitute crimes. Noting that they must condemn the activities of the cultists and miscreants in the division rather than celebrating and encouraging them to do evil.
The meeting identified major security challenges in Ikorodu Division to include cultism, land grabbing, traffic robbers and ritual killing. After due analysis of these challenges, the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State suggested solutions for better society of the area as follows
- That traditional rulers must embrace community policing strategies and condemn the act of criminality in their areas.
- Local Government Chairmen to be alive to provision of adequate security for all and sundry in their areas as enshrined in the Nigerian constitution.
- Landlords in the area to screen their prospective tenants before accommodating and harbouring them.
- The youths must assist the police in flushing out the bad boys who foment troubles in the area.
- Market women to evangelise community policing principles and try their best possible to support the police and the State Government on security and due compliance with COVID-19 protocols in the state.
- That transporters must support the police and fight against all vices in the area.
- Religious leaders to use their links and platforms to preach peace and condemn criminality in the area.
The Commissioner of Police also admonished the stakeholders to support the State Government on the fight against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic by observing the already laid down guidelines to include use of face mask, social distancing, no social party or gathering, closure of night clubs, bars, lounges, pasting of “No Face Masks, No Entry” at conspicuous places at malls, shopping outlets, religious centres, offices etc, and obeying the 12 midnight to 4am curfew.
CP Hakeem Odumosu encouraged them to do everything within their reach to halt the spread of COVID-19 which is a global reality. He however vowed to enforce the COVID-19 guidelines and protocols and other laws in the state.
In his reaction, the Ayangburen of Ikorodu appreciated the Commissioner of Police for his commitment to duty and better security of Lagos State. He promised and vowed to deal decisively with any traditional ruler or chief who promotes violence or crimes in his domain. The Oba Ayangburen assured the Commissioner of Police of adequate support in all ramifications to improve security of Ikorodu Division while he appealed to CP Hakeem Odumosu to deploy additional men to the division as some communities are ready to provide office accommodations and logistics for the proposed additional police stations where there are none.
A communique was formed on the meeting and shared to relevant stakeholders for necessary action and supervision.
1 thought on “LAGOS CP HOLDS TOWN HALL MEETING IN IKORODU, ASSURES RESIDENTS OF ADEQUATE SECURITY ~ INN Nigeria”
In other to notify ikorodu parent should talk to there son and togethers most killing in ikorodu are yours children
You must log in to post a comment.