IKORODU DIVISION RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT GROUP (IDRDG) PAYS COURTESY VISITS TO OBAS & COUNCIL OF CHIEFS IN IKORODU
On the 25th of February, the new executives of the IKORODU DIVISION RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT GROUP (IDRDG) took time out not only to pay homage to the numerous OBAS & Chiefs in the Region but also to brief them on the progressive agendas of the new leaders in the group.
Led by the New chairman Alhaji Bashorun Babatunde T. Rotinwa the group appreciated the rulers for their participation in the fund raising activity for the Prof. A. A. Adegbola science Centre to be sited at Lagos state Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) Ikorodu. And also their attendance at the previous program which was the Education Stakeholders Summit, Prof. Adegbola memorial lecture series.
The group presented the new Exco that was sworn-in on the 1st of December 2019 during the annual general meeting of the group.
The new Executives are; Alhaji Bashorun Babatunde T. Rotinwa (Chairman), Alhaji Sikiru A. Oloyede (Vice Chairman), Dr. A. Mobolaji Olukoya (General Secretary), Dr. (Pharm.) Adesegun Kashimawo (Asst. General secretary), Mr. Afeez Adeoye Abiodun (Treasurer), Otunba Oluwole Odulate (Financial secretary), Dr. Abiodun Fatai-Abatan (Social secretary), Dr. Taiwo Hassan (Auditor), Mr. Fatai O. Lasisi (Immediate Past chairman Ex-Officio 1) & Engr. Lukman I. Erogbogbo (Ex-Officio 2).
The chairman briefly gave an outline of the objectives and contributions of the group towards the development of Ikorodu Division which are;
- Completion of Ikorodu Town Hall from the ground level with the efforts of all pioneer members.
- Establishment of Alogba library within Ikorodu Town Hall premises.
- Establishment of Ikorodu Division Hall of Fame also within the Town Hall premises where sons and daughters of the division with distinguished career path would be admitted.
- Establishment of Eminent persons of Ikorodu Division (EPID).
- Contributions of the group to the development of Ikorodu Division master plan.
- Contributions of the group in advocating for more governments for the division.
- Organisation of annual memorial lecture in honour of Prof. A. A. Adegbola, the group’s pioneer chairman.
- Inauguration of Prof. A. A. Adegbola science Centre.
- Assessment of school facilities through fact-finding visitation to secondary schools in the division.
- Awards of scholarship to indigent students (Medical doctors) in the division.
- Comparative analysis of WASSCE Results of the Division.
- Organisation of series of education stakeholders Summit.
- Establishment of Ikorodu chambers of commerce and industry (ICCI).
- Organisation of the first Trade Fair tagged “IKODIV EXPO 2000”.
In addition the group also highlighted on different areas of development for collaboration with the Lagos state government which includes;
- Collaboration on the physical infrastructure development in schools in the division.
- Collaboration on the road networking construction across the division particularly the Igbogbo road, Isawo road, Ito-Ikin_Epe road, Isiu-Ijede road.
- Collaboration on employment creation where more youths from the division would be productively engaged. The development of technical and vocational school/colleges to encourage skill acquisitions for youth self reliant.
- Collaboration on the development of Prof. Adegbola science Centre. The science Centre will be one of the best in Africa if completed.
- Collaboration on budget monitoring and implementation. The allocation to the division vis-a-vis the actual development programmes of the state government will be followed up to ensure Ikorodu division has its fair share of the resources of the state.
- Collaboration on the organisation of Ikorodu division parent Forum where matters related to students/wards monitoring and guidance would be considered.
Recently, the group and it’s subsidiary (Ikorodu division human resources development board) paid a visit to the Lagos state honourable commissioner of Education, Mrs. Folashade Adefisayo and the special adviser on education to the governor, Mr. Tokunbo Philip Wahab on Friday 10th January 2020 where they requested for partnership, collaboration and state representation at their meeting to guide in decision making as related to those intending implementations listed above in working together with the state government.
Among the Obas & chiefs visited are the Ranodu Of Imota, Oba Mudashiru Ajibade Bakare-Agoro who welcomed the group warmly and gave them a positive relationship assurance for the betterment of Ikorodu division.
The Obateru of Egben Royal Kingdom, Oba Adeoriyomi A. O. Oyebo thanked the leadership for their strong agendas to further uplift Ikorodu, stating that he intends to be a member of the Ikorodu chambers of commerce and industry (ICCI) & his support towards strengthening the IDRDG any day and anytime should be counted on.
The Regent of IJEDE, High chief Aliu Musediku also complimented the group’s effort sofar and obliged to assist the leadership anytime they are needed.
“The resource group as popularly known will always promote the development agenda for Ikorodu division in order to better the well being of the people” said the Chairman.
You must log in to post a comment.